Elegant Palazzo within a Medieval Hamlet in the heart of Tuscany where it is still possible to find glories of the past.
The Palazzo has recently returned into the hands of the last descendants of the Buonvisi Family now the "Pisani Buonvisi", who have brought the mansion back to its original splendour. Thanks to a meticulous restoration, traditional and contemporary design cohabit harmoniously.
The halls of this palace which date back to the XIII century guard a collection of ancient art belonging to the owners: from paintings to beautiful period furniture belonging to the family for centuries; original, rare fireplaces depicting hunting memories of times gone by and coffered ceilings.
This bijou Palazzo comprises the following:
Ground floor entrance vestibule, Salon/Dining room, kitchen with original bread making oven and service bathroom.
On the first floor: Two double en-suite bedrooms one of which has a panoramic balcony offering spectacular morning views. Formal Salon. Self-contained guest suite with reception lounge, double bedroom and private bathroom.
On the second floor there is a further self-contained granny apartment.
The semi-interred floor is dedicated to the wellness center with two fundamental elements: water and heat are wisely combined with lights sounds and colours to maximize relax: Sauna, Vitality pool, Chromo-Emotional Shower and Relax Area with its magical atmosphere of stones and the taste of relaxing infusions.
The beautiful mansion has the "chiusa" (private garden) with it's ancient seventeenth-century appearance where, in the inside, can still bed found the "vecchia peschiera" converted to a swimming pool and the Relax area to sun bathe in total peace.
The History of Palazzo Buonvisi:
The first historical information dates back to 1274, when in a document belonging to and in the archives of the Castracani-Antelminelli family (which the distinguished Lord of Lucca Castruccio belonged to) a wording regarding a small fortified palace appeared on the only entrance door to the village of Ghivizzano where the palace is situated.
For other information, still from the archive sources of Lucca's noble families (in this case the powerful Guinigi family), we must wait until 1429, when, according to the "chronicles of the time", Paolo Guinigi Lord of the city of Lucca (from 1400 to 1430) fled to the small palace in Ghivizzano (inherited from the first wife of Paolo Caterina degli Antelminelli) to escape from the first stirrings of riots against his Lordship.
After the fall of the Guinigi Lordship the palace passed for a brief time to Francesco Sforza who descended from Milan for political reasons, passing then to the Nuti family (who after that became the Ghivizzani) that was during the XVIth century,who completely changed the palace appearance from a fortified palace to a hunting lodge. The old medieval walls of the small village where incorporated in to what will become the south facade of the building, creating a walking passage under the palace's halls which is now called via Sossala (via Sossala = under the halls).
The single and the double mullion, became large windows framed with stone jambs and lintels, giving the structure a city palace appearance.
In 1648, thanks to the wedding between the Nuti and the Marchesi Buonvisi families, the palace passed to the latter doubling its size, from this period onwards it will always be remembered as the "A Hundred Windows Palace".
At the beginning of 1900's on the wishes of Monsignor Camilli, the mansion became a female convent boarding school. Monsignor Camilli (born in this village) later became the Bishop of Fiesole.
Recently the Palazzo has returned to the last descendants of the Buonvisi family now Pisani Buonvisi, who have brought back the mansion to its original splendour and glory.
The furniture is not included in the sale.
-Energy efficiency class: G
-Energy Performance Index: 300,10 kWh/sqm year
Price € 920.000
Add to Favourites